For a full description of the instrument, please visit: http://www.fei.com/products/dualbeams/helios-nanolab-650.aspx
A few key capabilities of the instrument include:
- Slice-n-view: the ability to incrementally image then cut 10 nm slices into the face of a 5um X 5um area, then rebuilding the images into a tomographic volume.
- Deposit Pt in pre-defined patterns, down to ~35 nm line widths
- Mill patterns using the FIB as a precision scalpel
- Create precision cross-sections for in-situ viewing
- Selectively remove organic material by precision FIB cutting, using injected water vapor enhanced etching
- UHR- SEM column: with sub nm resolution
- Omniprobe tool, gives the ability to prepare samples for TEM analysis
Below are some images acquired from the instrument (compressed for web viewing):
Log in for more information.